Saturday, September 15, 2007

How Hunter S. Thompson Converted Me to Liberalism


Occasionally the people of the world are blessed with a piece of written work so brilliant that it changes the course of humanity as we know it.
The Bible, The Declaration of Independence, Atlas Shrugged, Dianetics.

Before he died author Hunter S. Thompson penned one of those pieces and it will stand through time as the document that not only ended the war in Iraq, but which also turned this nation from our fascist, imperialistic ways.

Please take a moment and read this piece, it truly transcends politics. It's really philosophy.



"We have become a Nazi monster in the eyes of the whole world -- a nation of bullies and bastards who would rather kill than live peacefully. We are not just Whores for power and oil, but killer whores with hate and fear in our hearts. We are human scum, and that is how history will judge us. No redeeming social value. Just whores. Get out of our way, or we'll kill you."Well, shit on that dumbness, George W. Bush does not speak for me or my son or my mother or my friends or the people I respect in this world. We didn't vote for these cheap, greedy little killers who speak for America today -- and we will not vote for them again in 2002. Or 2004. Or ever. "Who does vote for these dishonest shitheads? Who among us can be happy and proud of having all this innocent blood on our hands? Who are these swine? These flag-sucking half-wits who get fleeced and fooled by stupid rich kids like George Bush? "They are the same ones who wanted to have Muhammad Ali locked up for refusing to kill gooks. They speak for all that is cruel and stupid and vicious in the American character. They are the racists and hate mongers among us -- they are the Ku Klux Klan. I piss down the throats of these Nazis. "And I am too old to worry about whether they like it or not. Fuck them."

I'd like to thank actor John Cusack for including Thompson's poignant words is an article he penned on Huff Po which also makes Hamlet look like a poem that Lenny Kravits wrote on a bathroom stall.

Thank you Hunter. Your words shall stand next to the Gettysburg Address in the annals of history.

Oh and if sarcasm isn't your thing, on a serious note if anyone is interested in taking out a full-page ad in The New York Times this month, I hear that they're going for half-price.

Sphere: Related Content

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a libertarian who is against a blanket policy interventionism.
This post was f*cking dumb.

Anonymous said...

"Shit on That Dunbness" indeed. You are truly a national treasure Mr. Thompson. LOL

Shannonymous said...

I agree. I loved reading the R.S. articles on him. R.I.P., Gonzo- wish I could've been there with Johnny Depp for your final send-off.